Food is essential for growth. It gives energy, replaces worn out cells and helps to maintain healthy living. It is not enough just to ingest food. It is very important that the combination and correct proportions of the food taken in are maintained for healthy growth to occur. You must eat balance diet. You must east carbohydrates, fats, minerals salts and vitamins in the right proportions and qualities for proper body development. The process of nourishing your body with foods necessary for growth and health is nutrition. It includes food intake, absorption, assimilation, biosynthesis, catabolism and excretion.
You can improve your health by taking nutrient dense foods in each meal. Do not count calories but look for nutrients in what you eat. Take foods that boost your immunity like turmeric, pepper, ginger, oranges. If you are on the heavier side consume fat burning food like green tea, cinnamon powder, brown rice, lemon water. Increase your water intake to at least 3 liters a day. Involve yourself in some form of physical activity at least for 3-4 days a week for about an hour. Always have a balanced meal which includes all 5 food groups.
An adequate, well balanced diet combined with regular physical activity – is a cornerstone of good health. Poor nutrition can lead to reduced immunity, increased susceptibility to disease, impaired physical and mental development, and reduced productivity.
Essential Facts on nutrition
- The human body requires seven major types of nutrients.
- Not all nutrients provide energy but are still important, such as water and fiber.
- Micronutrients are important but required in smaller amounts.
- Vitamins are essential organic compounds that the human body cannot synthesize.
Eating healthy food that too at the right time is always beneficial. Try in eating smaller meal within 2 hours of interval. This will help you to increase your rate of metabolism and this will help you in easy digestion. Try to eat food that is rich in Protein, Carbs, Fats, Vitamins & minerals.
Eat all fruits– Apple, Oranges, Kiwi, Avocado, Bananas, Pomegranate, Lime, Chikoo, Mango, Muskmelon, Watermelon etc.
Vegetables– Cucumber, Green Peas, Spinach, Fenugreek, Dill, Capsicum, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Broccoli etc.
Grains– Pancakes, Roti etc. made from Wheat, Brown rice, Jowar, etc
Essential Balance Nutrition
The carbohydrates: they provide the body with sugar and starch which gives us energy. They are also formed into body fats, examples are, starch, sugar from plant.
Fats and oils: they gives us energy, it also gives some protection because the fat that accumulates under your skin protects your body from cold. Below are some of food with fats and oil; fat of meat, butter, corn oil, nut, palm oil, etc.
Proteins: they give the body ability to make new cells and replace old ones. E.g. White of egg, milk, lean, meat, beans, etc.
Vitamins and mineral salts: are required in small quantities but nevertheless contributes to maintain good growth. The inclusion foodstuffs that provide the different vitamins prevent some deficiencies and diseases. E.g. milk, eggs, meat, fruit, fish, vegetables, grains etc.
Nutrition tips to maintain good health
Nutrition is the science that interprets the interaction of nutrients and other substances in food in relation to maintenance, growth, reproduction, health and disease of an organism. Since nutrition includes food intake, absorption, assimilation, biosynthesis, catabolism, and excretion. To improve your health.
- Think positive and focus. Research shows a healthy positive attitude helps build a healthier immune system and boosts overall health.
- Eat your vegetables to build up essential minerals in the body.
- Exercise daily help to keep the body in shape.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Check your food, and decrease fats do not prevent your body from carbs and fats but I say to have a balanced meal.
- Lowering sugar in your diet ,replace it with brown sugar or honey but take care although honey has more benefits it also have more calories.